Personal data is important to us and we take our responsibility regarding the security of your personal information very seriously.
We are committed to protecting personal information and to being transparent about the information we are collecting about you, your customers and what we do with it.
Pointbid Logistics are committed to protecting personal data privacy. Pointbid Logistics will remain diligent and transparent about the information we collate, why it is required and how the data is subsequently utilised and by whom.
This Policy sets out the following:
What personal data we receive, and process about you in connection with any agreement you may have entered into with a 3rd party, to facilitate fulfilment services or the requirement to expedite delivery services, any data through use of our website, mobile applications, online services, or any kind of written or electronic mail.
- Data origin
- What we collect and why
- 3rd Party disclosure
- Opting out
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows identification. This includes name, address, financial information and any information collected whilst accessing our website.
We receive data from
- 3rd parties that you have visited to make an online purchase.
- 3rd parties that you may have called to make a purchase from over the telephone.
- 3rd parties via mail transmission in the event that a verbal communication has taken place.
- use of our website
- using any of our services
- contacting us
- receiving any of our services
- Information provided when completing any one of our forms or pages
- Any entry into a contractual agreement with us
What personal data we collect and Why
Our contractual agreement with our customers and 3rd party delivery agents require the use of personal data.
We do not collect or are provided with any personal financial information, IE bank or credit card information
- Name, delivery address (this could be home or office), e-mail address, telephone number
- Information about your use of our website and/or App.
- Any communication you may have directly with us via any form of written, verbal, electronic or social media communication.
- In the event of personal details being provided for employment additional information regarding physical or mental health, alleged commission or conviction of criminal, will be required. Such data is considered “sensitive” personal data. Data is processed only if you have given your explicit consent, or it is necessary (for instance if you request special assistance), or you have deliberately made it public.
We may use the data supplied from our customers (personal data) for the following:
- Daily Processing: Contractual and/or legal agreement in the provision of warehousing, fulfilment and delivery services.
- Administrative or legal purposes: we use your data for, systems testing, maintenance and development. In certain instances to deal with a dispute or claim.
- Security, health, administrative, crime prevention/detection: we may pass your information to government authorities or enforcement bodies in line with legislation.
Pointbid Logistics services and website are not aimed at children. We do not knowingly collect or receive any personal information from children.
If we are notified that we have received or collected data from a child we will delete all relevant information as soon as possible.
If you believe that we are in possession of a child’s data, please contact us at email@example.com
Pointbid Logistics Systems will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil purpose. Data retention period is considered, taking into account the nature of the data, the process required, data type and sensitivity.
Pointbid consider all relevant present legislation for data retention. Whenever or wherever required, Pointbid will conform to compulsory data retention legislation.
When your personal data is no longer deemed necessary (process or legislative requirements) we will securely delete it. We continually audit the personal data we require, to minimise data storage. We will work to anonymise your personal data to dissociate it with your identity. In this instance we may use that information without further notice to you.
3rd Party Disclosure
We may/will disclose to
- Trusted service providers we are using to provide additional services, such as carriers, import/export agents, ports
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, regulators for legislative compliance
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contractual obligations.
Access to and removal of personal information
We offer you control over the personal information we collect about you.
Under existing legislation, you have certain rights with regards your personal data. You may request the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. You can also
- Request that personal information not be used in some circumstances
- Request that we remove, limit or restrict our use of your personal data
- provide your personal information to a third-party provider of services
To exercise any of the points made above please mail firstname.lastname@example.org
You can request a copy of the information Pointbid Logistics holds about you across all of our systems.
Any such request must be made in writing to email@example.com and will be subject to proof of identity prior to any action taking place.
If you complete one of our forms we collect
- Full Name
- Contact Information including phone number and email address
- Demographic information such as IP Address location
- Any other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Session Cookies – We use these cookies in order to remember information, such as a log-in or information you have filled in on any of our forms, for you so you won’t have to type them out again. You can learn more about session cookies and their uses at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
Google AdWords – To manage our paid search budget more efficiently, this code gives us insight into which pages helped lead to contact form submissions.
Facebook Advertising – From time to time we may use Facebook advertising conversion tracking and re-targeting pixels. This allows us to receive information helpful for targeted advertising and tailoring your experience.
Other Information We Collect
Social – This includes buttons for sharing or bookmarking the pages on our website, such as buttons for Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn and Facebook. Please note that these buttons make use of scripts from external sources which may be collecting data on your experience on Pointbid Logistics Systems and throughout the web. For further information please consult the privacy policies for each of these platforms and how they collect and utilise your data.
Web Services From External Sources – Our website uses a number of external web services, generally in order to display information and content within our pages. For example we embed our videos using YouTube. When embedding content, we may use various web services from external services in the future, and we cannot control how these external sources collect or process your data. If you are not logged in to any of these services, then they cannot determine who you are, but they may still gather anonymous usage information.
Your Data Protection Rights
By law you have the right to the following
- Information Request whether we hold personal information about you,if so, what the information is, why we are holding and using it.
- Request access to your personal information (“data subject access request”). This allows you to request and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically usable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically usable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please mail firstname.lastname@example.org, with a specific request. We will need to prove identity prior to release of any details. There will be no fee for this request. If however your request is deemed unfounded or excessive we may refuse the request.