ecommerce – What is e-commerce?
There are three main types of e-commerce: B2B (business-to-business) websites selling products online), B2C (business-to-consumer) websites selling products directly to people in their homes in the same way as Amazon does, and C2C consumer-to-consumer websites where consumers sell products online via platforms such as e-bay or etsy.
If you have a business selling products online there are during periods of economic uncertainty, five areas that you should monitor to help maximise profitability.
- Controlling product distribution
- Cost-efficient shipping and packaging
- Limiting promotional strategies
- Offer greater value for money
Ecommerce warehousing is about more than just storing physical goods before selling them online. Business owners must also take staff wellbeing and warehouse safety into account to create a productive working environment.
ecommerce warehousing also involves:
- Employee management
- Coordinating the flow of inventory and equipment
- Anticipating customer demand to avoid under or overstocking
- Monitoring health and safety risks
With the tremendous success of e-commerce in 2020/21, many entrepreneurs will be considering starting an e-commerce business in 2022. With over £3.9tn worth of e-commerce sales last year, there is undoubtedly much money to be made if the right business strategy is implemented.
Setting up an e-commerce business in 2022 could be very profitable, but there are undoubtedly many aspects to consider. At Pointbid, we implement order fulfilment solutions for a range of e-commerce brands from start-ups to medium-sized businesses. If you think that outsourcing your order fulfilment could help your business grow in 2022, please give us a call on 0121 326 7368.
Pointbid Logistics Systems
Unit 16 Dulverton Road
Electric Avenue Industrial Estate
- New Car Market Impacted by Supply Chain Squeeze
- Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine Impacting Supply Chains
- Retail Logistics – Trends, Challenges and Tips to Improve
- Impact of Supply Chain Inflation on Consumer Prices
- Navigating Cyber Risks in the Logistics Industry
- E-commerce Fulfilment Services – Are They Right For You?
- How to maximise e-commerce profitability in 2022
- Benefits of Outsourcing Warehousing Operations
- What is Inventory Control? Tips and Optimisation Techniques